Monday, April 7, 2008

All of A Sudden....

the snow was gone! Yes, it's true. That white stuff is NO LONGER! The birds are singing, the crocuses are blooming and once again, I can see my backyard! WOOOHOOOOO! We had a BEAUTIFUL weekend but surprisingly Gary and I opted to ride on the trainer INSIDE. Yes, I said INSIDE. I rode for 3 hours and 40 minutes. I think I lost my mind at about 2 hours. But, it doesn't matter because from here on in, all of our rides are going to be outside! Starting next Sunday with a nice little 4 hour jaunt through the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Gary's workouts for the week in South Carolina have been posted and I took a look. Holy crap. He's got a 4 hour ride followed by a 40 min run, followed by a 30 min open water swim if possible. Monday is a 30 min swim, 1:50 run followed by an 'easy" 2 hour bike. Tuesday is a MEGA day- a 6.5 hour bike followed by a 20 minute run. Wednesday in an INSANE day with a double brick; bike/run/bike/run - 2 hours 50 minutes then a 50 minute open water swim. Thursday is the longest bike ride of the week: 7 hours. Friday is a 1 hour run with a 5km time trial in it followed by a 3.5 hour bike, followed by a 45 min open water swim. Saturday we drive back and Sunday is a day off. Thank GOD. Holy. I'm going to try to do everything in Gary's schedule but I think I'm going to have a hard time convincing Silvia to ride for 7 hours and I can't keep up with the guys so, we'll see what happens. Maybe I just end up doing loops to make up whatever time I need to.

I'm hoping that I manage to hold together next week. I've been having foot issues and my elbow has been bothering me the last 2 swims. I'm thinking that it's probably because I'm really tight through my shoulders and back. I'm scheduled for a massage tonight so hopefully that helps. As for my foot issues, well, I'm not sure what's causing that discomfort, probably tightness in my arches. I really should be wearing orthotics in all my shoes but I don't, only when I run. I should probably go and see my podiatrist at some point....when i can find the time!

No comments: