Sunday, March 16, 2008

Toeing The Line

It's been a while since I've been on here; since March 2nd to be exact. The last 2 weeks have been HELLISH to say the least. I've been SUPER busy at work so busy that I was starting to feel a bit burnt out. I was lacking any sort of motivation to do anything because I was SO tired and stressed. I missed 3 workouts last week, a run a swim and a weight workout. I really didn't feel like doing them. I just felt like I needed to sleep. It took me a few days to recover from the half, I think I pushed myself a little too hard that day. We've had a TON of snow which has made running outside challenging to say the least. It's all been a bit much. I can't wait to see the grass again and not have to bundle up when I head out for a run. There's 4 weeks until we're off to South Carolina and it can't come soon enough. I'm looking forward to the fact that it's a 3 day weekend this weekend as well. Another day to sleep in! One positive thing that I can take away from the last couple of weeks was my bike ride yesterday. We went to Absolute Endurance yesterday and did a 3 hour computrainer ride on the IM Switzerland course and I had NO issues. No leg soreness, no foot soreness, nothing. I managed to average 138 watts for the ride, which I guess is alright. Although, I am able to push much higher watts on a hill; anywhere between 170-180 watts. If I push really hard I can hit 200. I can't sustain that for too long but I can at least hit it. When I it the flats, I don't seem to have that same power. I have to figure out what gear ratio works best for me. I did most of yesterday's ride in my big chain ring, except for the climbs. It's hard to work on this on the trainer, especially since I don't have a power tap. But, I'll figure something out.

No comments: