Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Blah's

It's here. Again. I've hit that low. I've crawled into that nasty place called Unmotivation. I don't know what it is - perhaps it's the weather, the seemingly never ending cold and snow - but, I'm really bummed out. I'm tired and have no desire to do anything. I'd be much happier sitting on the couch watching a movie. I slept in yesterday, didn't do my run on Sunday (I felt like I was getting a cold) and didn't finish my workout this morning (that was due to an entirely different problem). I am really starting to feel a little stir crazy. We've got another BIG week of workouts scheduled, very bike intensive since we're heading to South Carolina in 3 weeks. I have a 3800m swim scheduled on Thursday. 3800 m! That is the FULL ironman distance. GOOD GOD. The swim I had this morning was 3500 but I only managed 1600 due to some pretty serious cramps so I got out and sat in the hot tub.

I think once the nicer weather comes along and I can actually start to get outside and ride, then I'll get out of my funk but until then, it's going to be a struggle.

No comments: