Whatever it was that I had on Sunday was gone the next day. As it should--I think I slept for almost 12 bloody hours!!
This week has been a tough week. I've started a new weight program and I've been hurting for the last 3 days. My run this morning was awful. I had no spring in my step whatsoever. Funny though, my legs actually feel BETTER now than when I woke up. I hope they're better by tomorrow as I have a 3 hour ride to do. We're going to Bolton AGAIN. We've gone there the last 2 weeks in a row. It's freakin' hilly there. Maybe this week I'll manage to get through the ride without blowing up or having a meltdown!
Next week is an "easy week". I'm going to try to get in for a massage--I'm SO due for one. I'm actually kinda scared because I know it's really going to hurt. But I'll feel a million times better afterwards--the pain is almost always worth it.
I've started putting together a little "Ironman Inspiration Board" in my office. I have an article about my friend Pat from Ironman Live, an article about Lisa Bentley, a note my friend Sue sent me about why people do Ironman and the top 10 reasons I do Ironman. They are as follows:
10) I get to hang out with ripped guys that don't mind wearing spandex
9) All the fancy gear
8) I can eat almost anything I want and not gain weight
7) When I'm training I become a very cheap drunk
6) Keeps me from spending my weekend shopping (not that I have any money left after spending it on fancy gear!)
5) Gets me outside
4) I love the smell of chlorine in the morning
3) The camaraderie & friendship
2) I could just as easily become a sloth
1) Discovering I could push myself farther than I ever thought.